Step 4: Create House Style Template and Export Documents from Legito in Your Own Personalized House Style
We know how important it is for companies to keep their sense of corporate identity. And that also includes documents. At Legito we put emphasis on both being able to generate precise documents in less time and the possibility to automatically generate them in your own house style. Here’s how to do it.
The best think about House Style Template in Legito is that you do it once and it will be automatically applied to all relevant documents created from automated templates in Legito.
How does it generally work?
- Surely you already have a Word document with your company’s house style. That typically includes different predefined styles, a header and a footer.
- In this document all you have to do is to delete any text (apart from your footer and header), because you will be generating text from Legito, and instead paste the following: $CONTENT$
- Now that you prepared your template, you can upload it to Legito at My account -> Settings -> Basic settings -> House Style Templates.
- Once you are in Legito editor where you create automatized templates, choose your preferred style for each clause (paragraph).
- You can change text alignment, indent (including the option to start on a new page) and highlighting (bold, italic etc.) directly in our editor. These text settings are on the top right corner of the page (design).
What if we have several subsidiaries or need to generate documents on different letterheads?
No problem, we’re ready. You can upload as many House Style templates to Legito as you want. Simply select the House Style that you wish to use while generating (exporting) a specific document into Word.
You’re good to go when you have one central automated template for all subsidiaries which will simply be generated under different letterheads.
Are there any limitations?
Please remove all spaces from names of styles in your MS Word House Style Template (or replace them, usually with – or _).
How can I make working with style settings for automated documents even easier?
A good tip is to rename the styles which you use as a default for individual blocks in your House Style template, so that they’re titled as we show below. This way you won’t have to set up these styles in our editor manually, they will be already done. What needs to be set up manually though, are non-standard styles (such as front page, contractual parties or a preamble). This article will help you with renaming styles in Word.
Default style names:
- numbered articles are generated according to a style named “Level1”
- numbered paragraphs are generated according to a style named “Level2”
- numbered subparagraphs are generated according to a style named “Level3”
- numbered points are generated according to a style named “Level4”
- numbered items are generated according to a style named “Level5”
- unnumbered articles are generated according to a style named “Body1”
- unnumbered paragraphs are generated according to a style named “Body2”
- unnumbered subparagraphs are generated according to a style named “Body3”
- unnumbered points are generated according to a style named “Body4”
- unnumbered items are generated according to a style named “Body5”
- headings are generated according to a style named “Head”
For advanced users:
If you want to generate bilingual documents with two columns for each language, just add the same style name with “-Legito2” appended to the name for your second language (and so the second column) in your House Style template. For example, the style “Level2” for the second language would look like this: “Level2-Legito2”; “Preamble” would be “Preamble-Legito2” and so on – our system will automatically connect the two together.
You can select your own default House Style template to be used for generating any of your templates automated in Legito, and you can also single out alternative templates that will be picked by users – if you don’t wish the user to be able to select from all your House Style templates. This can be done in Step 5 when setting up any automated template in Legito.
Can we assist you with anything?
Our experienced Document Automation specialists are here and happy to help you with setting up and generating your personalized House Style automated documents. Write us anytime at email@example.com.